TAKE THE PLUNGE by MADAM GLORIA EMERSON
Take the Plunge English Modern Essays Notes In Pdf
Gloria Emerson worked in a newspaper office. She wrote stories about women. “Take the plunge” is an inspiring story about the unusual courage of a woman who successfully plunged out of an airplane with a parachute. She thought of many things but nothing appealed to her. She had a bad back, and her ankles were uncertain. Her eyesight was weak. She could not drive properly for fear; people usually took pity on her. They thought that she was worthless.
She disliked this attitude of the people. She decided to jump from an airplane. Jacques 1stel told her that parachuting was as safe as swimming. She was driven to Boston where she was to perform. She was anxious to feel the rising of a small plane and taking the plunge in the open atmosphere. At last, she made up her mind to jump with a parachute. So, when she jumped and landed. All were surprised and then pleased. Moreover, she gave a thrilling story to her newspaper readers. Her purpose of jumping and writing a good story was fulfilled.
English Modern Essays Notes Take the Plunge Summary In Urdu
گلوریا ایمرسن نے ایک اخباری دفتر میں کام کیا۔ انہوں نے خواتین کے بارے میں کہانیاں لکھیں۔ “ڈوب لو” ایک متاثر کن کہانی ہے جس میں ایک عورت کی غیر معمولی ہمت ہے جو پیراشوٹ کے ساتھ ہوائی جہاز سے کامیابی کے ساتھ ڈوب گئی۔ انہوں نے بہت سی چیزوں کے بارے میں سوچا لیکن اس سے کچھ بھی اپیل نہیں ہوئی۔ اس کی پیٹھ خراب تھی ، اور اس کی ٹخنوں سے بے یقینی تھی۔ اس کی بینائی کمزور تھی۔ وہ خوف کے مارے ٹھیک سے گاڑی نہیں چلا سکی۔
لوگ عام طور پر اس پر ترس کھاتے ہیں۔ ان کا خیال تھا کہ وہ بیکار ہے۔ وہ لوگوں کے اس طرز عمل کو ناپسند کرتی ہیں۔ اس نے ہوائی جہاز سے چھلانگ لگانے کا فیصلہ کیا۔ جیکس اسٹیل نے اسے بتایا کہ پیراشوٹنگ تیراکی کی طرح ہی محفوظ ہے۔ اسے بوسٹن پہنچایا گیا جہاں وہ پرفارم کرنا تھیں۔ وہ کسی چھوٹے طیارے کے طلوع ہونے اور کھلی فضا میں چھلانگ لگانے کو بے چین تھی۔
آخر کار ، اس نے پیراشوٹ سے چھلانگ لگانے کا ذہن بنا لیا۔ تو جب وہ اچھل کر اترا۔ سب حیران ہوئے اور پھر خوش ہوئے۔ مزید یہ کہ اس نے اپنے اخباری قارئین کو سنسنی خیز کہانی سنائی۔ اچھا کھیل اور اچھی کہانی لکھنے کا اس کا مقصد پورا ہوا۔
English Modern Essay Take the Plunge Important Questions
- What is Gloria Emerson’s purpose in writing this essay? (2014)
- What was the motive behind her jump?
- Put pen to paper a critical summary Desire to do something extraordinary is the theme of the essay “Take the Plunge” by Gloria Emerson.
- How does she maintain the focus on her feelings throughout the essay? “Take the Plunge” is about the unusual courage of a woman. Elaborate.
- What details does she provide about the operation of the parachute, the descent, and the landing?
- How are these details fitted to the discussion of her feelings at various stages in her experiences? “Take the Plunge” Is an essay rich in careful details_ discuss.
- Do you think that the writer is adventurous and daring? How do her feelings undergo gradual change?
- Emerson gives a touch of humor to a very serious event, do you agree?
- What is Emerson’s purpose in writing?
- Does She state her purpose directly, or do you discover it from her approach to the subject and her focus?
- What were the motives for making the jump?
- Why did the writer want to jump from the Aeroplan with a parachute?
- Describe Gloria Emerson’s experience of parachute jumping?
A Single Multi-Answer For “Take the Plunge” All Important Questions
(You can write this answer for every Question about “Take the Plunge” Modern Essay)
Gloria, an unfit but adventurous woman, discarded the views of her friends and all expected horrors and took part in parachute jumping. She expressed very minute feelings of her experience very jokingly and fittingly.
Istal had opened a parachute jumping training School. His motto was, “Jumping is the world’s most stimulating and soul-satisfying sport, as safe as swimming”. Gloria chased Istal and boarded the Cessna 180 On a lovely May morning. (First stage) She Felt strange in her jumping suit, the equipment, the boots, and helmet. she felt pain in her back. (Second stage) As she jumped, she felt like a stone and lost her senses for a moment. The wind struck her and puzzled her and brought out water from her nose as well as eyes.
Then the parachute opened with a jerk. (Third stage) She opened her eyes and saw the endless sky, colors, and textures. There was a cold and sweet silence of nature. The pleasure of being between earth and sky made her very excited. She wanted to prolong her stay in the air. She felt angry to see the sandpit, where she was to land. The experience was over, the experience was nice.
She proves through jumping that the women are also courageous and surprising. Indirectly, the purpose of her essay writing is only to convey the theme: Who dares, wins.